Thursday 29 October 2009

I have to discuss Agassi!

What a shock it has been to discover Andre Agassi's shock revelation that he took crystal meth. I have so many questions I would love to ask him in person if I could meet him off the record.

I am still asking myself why, why, why has he revealed this?

My initial thought was this was a terrible PR excercise so that he could sell as many of his books as possible. But Andre you have earned around £150m so far, surely you dont need the money. But maybe he is incredibly greedy and just wants to become richer and richer. I sincerley hope not!

Another thing I dont understand, is how Andre could betray the ATP tour so badly. If they had not believed his ridiculous cover up story, he would have lost every single endorsement he ever had and would not be worth what he is today. I am so curious to know why he wants the ATP to be seen as a pushover and that if you are at the top of the game, you can do what you want. Does Andre know something about other top players that we dont? Are all top players just slipping under the radar so that the sport doesnt get any negative press? Is Mariona Puerta just being made an example of? Questions Questions!

I never know what to think about big celebrities admitting they take drugs. Is it a good thing to make children aware of it and how bad the effects of it are? Or is it a bad thing, that they have become aware of something they werent really aware of in the first place, and now will be interested by it? I sit on the fence on this point.

Whst I am hoping for is that someone was going to sell their story on Agassi about him taking Crystal Meth so he had to come clean anyway and he thought he might as well do it in his book.

I dont think anyone will ever find out why he really did this, but I am hoping you are all as mystified by it as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment